Thursday, March 7, 2013

thankful thursdays - when there isn't much to be thankful for

This month has brought what seems like blow after blow. I found out I am also allergic to corn, which means another HUGE shift in what I can (and can't) eat. I haven't felt well since Christmas and it's exhausting to continue to work and try to be normal despite that. We also found out that because of the sequestration, we will most likely be furloughed for several days. Because we're both teachers, it will affect us both and means that we will have to cancel our trip to Korea AGAIN. It might also affect our trip home this summer, which would be devastating.

These, mixed with what seems like a zillion little things, have made this a difficult time to be thankful.

It's times like these that I have to remind myself a hundred times a day that it could be worse. It's days like this that keeping this record of things I've been thankful for has given me a bit of perspective. It's times like this that I need to be grateful, if only for the sun shining down on me.


83. On this day, where it's a lot easier to pout, I'm thankful for the little things, like the warmth of the sun on my face.

No comments: