Sunday, October 19, 2008

the woes of unemployment

Is it just me or does it seem like it's more difficult and stressful to live off of unemployment than to work for a living? I swear, I put just as much time into filling out the paperwork, handing out resumes, researching ANYONE that might have the budget to be hiring, vying for interviews, getting turned down because I either have too little experience or too much experience, and trying to get ahold of someone at the unemployment office every few weeks because they have once again messed up my check?

But, alas, the school districts are still not hiring, the economy is as bad as it has been, and there are no jobs in site that will pay what my unemployment does.

I wish I had a job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain, chum. I've been looking for a job since June, and living in my parents' guest room since August :-(